|Black Jack Ruts-Ivan Boyd Prairie|
The Black Jack Ruts & Ivan Boyd Prairie on the Santa Fe Trail
|Broken Arrow Park|
Located at the intersection of 31st and Louisiana Streets in the City of Lawrence, Broken Arrow Park is maintained jointly by Douglas County and the city. Facilities include a ball diamond, shelter houses, restrooms, playground, picnic areas and a field used for various activities including soccer.
The property the park is situated on was given to Douglas County by the federal government.
|Chicken Creek Arch Park|
The historic Chicken Creek Arch is located ½ mile east and 1 1/4 miles south of the town of Lone Star at 780 E. 850 Road. The arch was built in 1913 by B.F. Metsker and I. Babb at a cost of $170.25. The crossroad drainage structure was placed on the National Register in 1990.
Nearby parking and a handicap-accessible walkway make for easy access to view the structure in its restored state. An observation platform and stairway allow viewing of the arch as well as comparisons with the modern culvert located immediately to the east.
|Ivan Boyd Prairie Preserve|
Located adjacent to and immediately south of the Black Jack Highway Park the Ivan Boyd Prairie Preserve contains some of the best preserved and managed native prairie in Douglas County, Kansas. The preserve is maintained by the Douglas County Department of Public Works under the direction of Dr. Roger Boyd of Baker University.
The site is well known for containing evidence of the wagon ruts caused by travel along the Santa Fe Trail.
|Lone Star Lake Park|
Lone Star Lake Park is located approximately 10 miles southwest of the City of Lawrence. The lake was built in the early 1930's by the Civilian Lone Star Lake Park Conservation Corps (CCC). Facilities include:
Robinson Park is located on the north side of 6th Street, between the south ends of the Massachusetts Street and Vermont Street bridges over the Kansas River, in the City of Lawrence. The park commemorates the founding of the City of Lawrence with a plaque containing the names of persons making the journey westward under the auspices of the New England Emigrant Aid Company in 1854.
The small park area overlooks the Kansas River and is maintained by the City of Lawrence with flowerbeds and park benches.
|Wells Overlook Park|