Apply online for job openings with the county.
Create a New Account
To create a new account and start the application process, you will need the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- User ID (must be unique)
Questions and Problems
If you have a question and/or you are having issues with the Online Employment Application, please feel free to contact the Webmaster at:
- Phone: 785-832-5184
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Formats accepted for resumes: Acrobat (.pdf), Word (.doc and .docx), and Excel (.xls and .xlsx). (Office 97-2003 and 2007+)
- To attach a resume, please follow these steps:
- Under "Resume Attachment" on your application, click on the "Browse..." button, and select your newly-converted resume
- Click on the "Attach Resume" button
Our application's editing is all done within one page, while the old version contained several editing pages for Steps 1-5. This change helps to make the application's experience less complicated for the user.
Three sections how use our expand/collapse feature, which allows for a more efficient use of space on the application. Those sections are: Employment Experience, Educational Experience, and References. To expand a panel, you simply need to click on the "[+] Add/Expand *SECTION NAME* Section" link. Then to collapse that panel, simply click on the "[-] Collapse *SECTION NAME* Section" link.
View Job Details
To view details for a job, which include "Job Description" and "Job Salary/Pay Rate and Benefits", you will need to click on the "Show/Hide Details " link beside the job you are interested in.
The new Job Tracker feature allows you to view the status of each job you've applied for with Douglas County, Kansas. The job's status is always kept up-to-date by the Personnel Division.
There are four sections to the one-page Online Employment Application, including:
- Job Application includes:
- Contact Info
- Driver's License Info (optional)
- Employment Experience (optional)
- Educational Experience (optional)
- References (optional)
- Drug Screening Question
- Law Enforcement Info (optional)
- Resume Attachment (optional)
- Certify and Save includes:
- Certify The Terms And Conditions
- Save all application data
- Submit Application To Job(s) includes:
- Submittal of your application to at least one job opening within 48 hours of account creation.
- Job Tracker includes:
- Tracking of jobs you've previously applied for, including the status of each job (OPEN, CLOSED, or FILLED).
Required Settings and Add-ons
- On the 'Tools' menu at the top of the screen, click 'Internet Options', and then click the 'Security' tab.
- Click the 'Internet' zone.
- If you *do not* have to customize your Internet security settings, click 'Default Level', and then click 'OK'. Then do step 4. Otherwise, if you *do* have to customize your Internet security settings, follow these steps:
- Click 'Custom Level'.
- In the 'Security Settings – Internet Zone' dialog box, click 'Enable' for 'Active Scripting' in the 'Scripting' section, and then click 'OK'.
- Click the 'Back' button to return to the previous page, and then click the 'Refresh' button to run scripts.
- On the 'Tools' menu at the top of the screen, click 'Options'.
- Click the 'Go back one page' button to return to the previous page, and then click the 'Reload current page' button to run scripts.
- On the 'Edit' menu at the top of the screen, click 'Preferences'.
- Click the 'Show the previous page' button to return to the previous page, and then click the 'Reload the current page' button to run scripts.
- On the 'Tools' menu at the top of the screen, click 'Preferences'.
- On the 'Advanced' tab, click 'Content'.
- Click the 'Back' button to return to the previous page, and then click the 'Reload' button to run scripts.
Up-to-Date Browser Versions
Our application is best viewed in the most-recent browser versions, which include:
- Internet Explorer: To download a free copy of the most-recent version of this browser, please visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie
- Mozilla Firefox: To download a free copy of the most-recent version of this browser, please visit: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
- Google Chrome: To download a free copy of the most-recent version of this browser, please visit: http://www.google.com/chrome
- Safari: To download a free copy of the most-recent version of this browser, please visit: https://support.apple.com/downloads/safari
- Opera: To download a free copy of the most-recent version of this browser, please visit: http://www.opera.com/download/
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Acrobat Reader is needed to view files in PDF format. You can download a free copy at: https://get.adobe.com/reader/