How do I get an address assigned to a parcel of property?

Addresses are not assigned to vacant parcels. Addresses are assigned by the Zoning and Codes Department when a landowner applies for a residential or commercial building permit. Addresses are typically based on the location where the entrance meets the public road. Note that an entrance to the property must be approved by Public Works or the township prior to applying for a building permit. A building permit will not be approved until the entrance has been constructed and inspected. Existing agricultural entrances may require relocation or improvement to be eligible for residential or commercial use.