BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF DOUGLAS COUNTY, KANSAS
Public comment will be taken for each regular agenda item as each item is discussed. Individuals will be limited to one comment per agenda item. Individuals are asked to come to the microphone, sign in, and state their name. Speakers are asked to sign in so that the spelling of names is correct in the minutes of the meeting. Speakers should address all comments/questions to the Commission.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2019
4:00 p.m. TRAINING SESSION
-Commissioner training on iCompass agenda software.
5:30 p.m. BUSINESS MEETING
-Proclamation for Domestic Violence Awareness Month (Will Averill)
-Volunteer Recognition for Emergency Management (Robert Bieniecki, Jillian Rodrigue)
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders;
(b) Consider approval of a Provider Agreement between Douglas County and Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center to provide supplemental medical and behavioral health support services (Jill Jolicoeur);
(c) Consider authorizing Public Works Director to approve purchase of a 20’ span, precast reinforced concrete frame structure from Forterra for $159,245.00, and a 10’ span, reinforced concrete box structure from Pretech for $58,356.00 to replace Structure Nos. 10.40N-22.00E and 10.57N-22.00E. (Keith Browning); and
(d) Consider approval of accounts payable.
(2) Discuss graffiti issues on underpasses at Baker Wetlands Trail and consider studying the feasibility of adding murals to the underpasses (Sarah Plinsky, Keith Browning)
(3) Discuss NAACP Community Remembrance Project Coalition (Kerry Altenbernd)
(4) Consider approval of the guaranteed maximum price (GMP) and total project cost of 4.1 million for Transitions & Cottages behavioral health housing projects at the Treatment & Recovery Campus of Douglas County. (Jill Jolicoeur)
(5) General Public Comment
General Public Comment will be at the end of each meeting with a limit of one comment per person and keep their comments brief. Individuals may not give unused time to other speakers. As a general practice, the Commission will not discuss/debate these items, nor will the Commission make decisions on items presented during this time, rather they will refer the items to staff for follow up, if necessary.
(6) Committee Reports
(7) Commissioner and/or Administrator Miscellaneous