BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF DOUGLAS COUNTY, KANSAS
Public comment will be taken for each regular agenda item as each item is discussed. Individuals will be limited to one comment per agenda item. Individuals are asked to come to the microphone, sign in, and state their name. Speakers are asked to sign in so that the spelling of names is correct in the minutes of the meeting. Speakers should address all comments/questions to the Commission.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14, 2019
5:30 p.m. BUSINESS MEETING
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders;
(b) Consider approval of a resolution authorizing the levy of an annual tax for the special building fund and specifying the purposes for such tax. (Cammy Owens);
(c) Consider approval of a Cereal Malt Beverage License for White Tail Run Winery LLC located at 2327 N 400 Road, Edgerton, Kansas (Clerk’s Office);
(d) Consider approval to execute contract for the expansion of the Douglas County Correctional Facility (Jackie Waggoner);
(e) Accept retroactive approval for the following Resolutions: Resolution 19-17 Disaster Resolution for August 1, 2019 flood event; Resolution 19-18 Disaster Termination Resolution for the April 28, 2019 flood; Resolution 19-19 Disaster Termination Resolution for the May 28, 2019 Tornado; and Resolution 19-20 Disaster Continuance Resolution for the August 1, 2019 flood. (Joe Hoelscher);
(f) Consider approval of a County resolution that officially initiates the process to consider rescinding the “minimum maintenance” designation of a portion of N100 Road and direct Public Works staff to transmit the resolution to the Planning Department. (Kevin Sontag)
(g) Consider adoption of the amendments proposed in Home Rule Resolution 19-8-1 for Chapter 13, 13-107.4.1 Construction Codes (Tina Rakes);
(h) Authorize staff to purchase two SAN storage units with a three-year service agreement from CDWG for a price of $81,990 utilizing funding in the Register of Deeds technology fund (Jim Lawson);
(i) Consider approval of the minutes from June 5, June 19, June 26, July 24 and July 31, 2019; and
(j) Accounts payable.
(2) Public Hearing to receive public comment on the 2020 Budget and consider approval of a County resolution expressing the property taxation policy of the Douglas County Commission with respect to financing the annual budget for 2020.
(3) Accept the 2018 Audit and Financial Statements (Sarah Plinsky)
(4) Annual Compliance for the LDCFM Agency Accreditation (Shaun Coffey)-presentation.
(5) Consider extending the Douglas County lease with the Lawrence-Douglas County Housing Authority to a 99-year lease as a HUD requirement to receive state/federal funding
(6) Discussion and direction from the County Commission on Certificate of Survey’s outside the Urban Growth Area (Tonya Voigt)
(7) Consider additional project costs for 1006 New Hampshire (Pam Weigand)
(8) Discussion of hiring process for County Administrator position (no backup)
(9) General Public Comment
General Public Comment will be at the end of each meeting with a limit of one comment per person and keep their comments brief. Individuals may not give unused time to other speakers. As a general practice, the Commission will not discuss/debate these items, nor will the Commission make decisions on items presented during this time, rather they will refer the items to staff for follow up, if necessary.
(10) Committee Reports
(11) Commissioner and/or Administrator Miscellaneous