BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF DOUGLAS COUNTY, KANSAS
ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION: Public comment will be taken for each regular agenda item as each item is discussed. Individuals will be limited to one comment per agenda item.
Individuals are asked to come to the microphone, sign in, and state their name. We ask that you sign in so that we can get the spelling of your name correct in the minutes of the meeting. Speakers should address all comments/questions to the Commission.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 5, 2019
4:00 p.m. - WORK SESSION
(1) Planning for Zero Suicide Initiative. (Bob Tryanski)
5:30 p.m. BUSINESS MEETING
-Proclamation declaring June 2019 as “LGBTQ+ Pride Month” (Brandon Eisman)
-Proclamation for “National Gun Violence Awareness Day” (Spencer Yost-Wolff)
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders;
(b) Consider approval of Medicaid Match Contract between the Lawrence-Douglas county Health Department and the Kansas Head Start Association to match funds for the KHSA Parent Health Literacy project. (Dan Partridge);
(c) Consider approval to solicit bids for contract maintenance work for the 2019 Public Works season. (Keith Browning);
(d) Consider approval of the minutes for May 1, May 8 and May 15, 2019; and
(e) Accounts payable.
(2) Consider expansion of the WRAP program for the 2019-2020 school year in partnership with the Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center to serve USD 348, USD 491 and USD 434 (Bob Tryanski)
(3) Discussion of homestead destroyed natural disaster (Steve Miles)
(4) Tornado response update (Sarah Plinsky). For information only. No backup.
• Community Corrections Board Advisory Board (1) position open (Social Services)
• Douglas County Food Policy Council (2) positions open (Local food system/Ag Producer)
• JAAA Advisory Council (2) position
• JAAA Board of Directors (1) positions
• Lawrence-Douglas County Advocacy Council on Aging (10) open positions
(6) General Public Comment
General Public Comment will be at the end of each meeting with a limit of one comment per person and keep their comments brief. Individuals may not give unused time to other speakers. As a general practice, the Commission will not discuss/debate these items, nor will the Commission make decisions on items presented during this time, rather they will refer the items to staff for follow up, if necessary.
(7) Committee Reports
(8) Commissioner and/or Administrator Miscellaneous