WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2018
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders;
(b) Consent Agenda approval of construction contract for Project No. 2018-54, replacement of Culvert 0801-1150 (Keith Browning)
(2) Consider Bioscience Technology Business Center (BTBC) for proposed lease repayment schedule on the BTBC expansion facility (Craig Weinaug);
(3) Approve revisions to the Fairgrounds Policies and Procedures and 2019 Fee Schedule and Event Guidelines (Jill Jolicoeur);
(4) Presentation from Kevin Kelley, Director of Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center, to speak on his experience on local government unification in Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas.- No Backup.
(4) Executive Session for the purpose of discussion with the County Counselor on matters related to non-elected personnel, pursuant to K.S.A. 75-4319 (b) (1 and 2)
(5) (a) Consider approval of Accounts Payable (if necessary)
-Board of Zoning Appeals (1) positions 10/17
-Building Code of Appeals Board (2) positions 12/16
-Community Corrections Advisory Board (1) position open (edu); (1) 08/31/18
-Criminal Justice Coordinating Council (2) positions
-Douglas County Emergency Management Board
-East Hills Business Park Association, Inc. Board of Directors (1) position
-Fire District No. 2 (2) positions
-JAAA Advisory Council (2) position
-JAAA Board of Directors (1) position
-Joint Economic Development Council (2) positions
-Lawrence-Douglas County Advocacy Council on Aging (2) open positions
-MPO Bicycle Advisory Committee (1) position
-Mental Health Board (1) position 04/18
-Property Crimes Compensation Board (1) position
-Senior Resource Center (1) positon 12/31/18
(c) Public Comment
(6) Douglas County Behavioral Health Projects Prevention initiatives:
- Review KDHE Opioid Grant awarded to Lawrence Douglas County Health Department to implement MyStrength with HLC partners in year one.
- Consider Douglas County/Health Leadership Coalition proposal to implement SAMHSAs evidence-based Strategic Prevention Framework with DCCCA as the lead agency.
- Consider Douglas County Opioid Summit proposal- with DCCCA as the lead agency.
(presented by Bob Tryanski)
(7) Consider approval of contract for Interim County Administrator services (Craig Weinaug)