Auxiliary Communications Team (ACT)
Douglas County Auxiliary Communications Team (ACT) volunteers are licensed amateur radio operators who provide alternative communications capabilities to Douglas County, Kansas. The ACT volunteer works under the direction of emergency management staff to provide adjunct communications capabilities to the Emergency Management Operations Center and/or any disaster response organization. ACT volunteers may be assigned other responsibilities during disaster situations.
All ACT meetings, unless otherwise stated, will be held at:
- Judicial and Law Enforcement Center, 2nd floor
- Douglas County Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- 111 East 11th Street, Lawrence, Kansas 66044
How to Volunteer
For information on volunteering, visit the Volunteer Application and Requirements section.
- Military Auxiliary Radio System (MARS) - Air Force
- Military Auxiliary Radio System (MARS) - Army
- Military Auxiliary Radio System (MARS) - Navy