Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Change Address for Motor Vehicle Records

Address changes to motor vehicle records in Douglas County, Kansas. The registered owner is required to sign for an address change to a motor vehicle record. To change the address, the vehicle owner may:

Appear in person at the County Treasurer's office where you live now:

  • Bring the current registration receipt or the license plate number(s)
  • Know the new address that is within that County
  • Sign for the address change

By mail to the County Treasurer's office where you live now:

  • Send in a signed TR-212a Form complete with license plate number(s), VIN, new address, and the signature of registered owner.
  • Or, send to the County where you now live, a signed, dated letter with the license plate number(s), the vehicle year, make and VIN, plus the old address and the new address of the registered owner.

If you live in Douglas County please mail the TR-212a form or signed letter to:

  • Douglas County Treasurer
  • P.O. Box 884
  • Lawrence, Kansas 66044-0884

To submit this information over the internet, please click on the button below to send an email. You will need to enter your License Plate Number(s), the Old Address, and the New Address. You will receive a confirmation via e-mail.

Submit Address Change via Email

Department Contacts

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
Tax Questions 785-832-5178
Motor Vehicle Questions 785-832-5273