Double Up Food Bucks
How it Works
We’ll double your dollars for buying fruits and vegetables with your SNAP (food stamps/EBT) card.
We’ll match every $1 you spend at participating farmers markets and grocery stores in Kansas and Missouri with another $1 FREE so you can buy more fruits and vegetables, up to $25 more per day.
The way Double Up Food Bucks works at farmers markets is different than at grocery stores. Learn how below.
- Farmers Markets: http://www.doubleupheartland.org/how-it-works/farmers-markets/
- Grocery Stores: http://www.doubleupheartland.org/how-it-works/grocery-stores/
Double Up Food Bucks is available at participating farmers markets and grocery stores in Kansas and Missouri. To find a location nearest you: http://www.doubleupheartland.org/locations/
Here in Douglas County, we have four farmers markets that participate in the Double Up Food Bucks Program:
- Tuesday Lawrence Farmers Market @ 707 Vermont St.(Vermont St. Parking Garage near Library)
- May 3rd - October 25th, 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Thursday Cottin’s Hardware Market @1832 Massachusetts St.
- May 5, 2016 – September 29, 2016 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- October 6, 2016 – April 27, 2017 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Friday Perry Lecompton Farmers Market @ 2115 Ferguson Rd. (Bernie's Cenex Parking Lot)
- May 13- Oct. 14, 4:00-6:30 PM
- Saturday Lawrence Farmers Market @ 824 New Hampshire St.
- April 9th - August 27th, 7:00am-11:00am
- September 3rd - November 19th, 8:00am-12:00pm
How do I know if I’m eligible for SNAP?
Harvesters is a not for profit organization serving food insecure populations in a 26-county area of northwestern Missouri and northeastern Kansas. They provide assistance to help people navigate the SNAP application process. To find out if you’re eligible for SNAP, call 877-653-9522 or email SNAP@harvesters.org.