Director Keith Browning, P.E. started his career at Douglas County in 1998.
Public Works Director/County Engineer Keith Browning, P.E.
1998 to Present
- B.S. Civil Engineering - 1983 University of Kansas
- B.S. Business Administration - 1980 University of Kansas
Past Jobs and Experience
- Served as Chief Design Engineer for Douglas County Public Works from 1991 to 1998, prior to being named Director of Public Works/County Engineer.
- Worked as a civil engineer for Douglas County Public Works from January 1985 through December 1987.
- Held engineering positions with Johnson County Public Works, Coffey County Highway Department, the Oklahoma Dept. of Transportation, and a private engineering consultant during more than 30-year engineering career.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Kansas and Missouri
- 2012 Engineer of the Year, Kansas County Highway Association