District Court Trustee is accepting applications for a Trustee Clerk II. This is a full time position. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receptionist at the front counter
- Answering phones
- Monitoring assigned traffic cases
- Preparing letters and legal documents
- Establishing payment plans
- Docketing and scanning legal documents
- Opening and distributing mail
- Receipting payments
- Balancing cash drawer
- Updating records at the Kansas Payment Center
- Assigning mediators in domestic cases
- Performing general office duties and special assignments as necessary
Qualifications: High school education; customer service experience; experience handling cash transactions; efficiency in computer skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook); proofreading skills; attention to detail; excellent communication skills; and ability to multi-task, work independently, and maintain confidentiality.
Preferred Qualifications: 1 year legal experience or 1 year banking experience; Spanish speaker a plus.
This position is open until filled.
Submit resume and three references to email@example.com or fax to (785) 838-2408 to the attention of:
Mary Elizabeth Diaz, District Court Trustee, 111 E 11th Street, Unit 101, Lawrence, KS 66044