Getting married in Douglas County, Kansas.
A marriage license application must be obtained in person at the Clerk of the District Court's office:
- Either person to be married may apply for the Marriage License
- There is a 3 day wait after filing the application
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply without parental consent
- Blood tests are not required
- You will need to bring your drivers license or social security card to the Clerk of the District Court's office
- There is a $85.50 license application fee
- License must be paid for with exact change
- The ceremony must be in the state of Kansas
- For more information on acquiring a new marriage license, contact the Clerk of the District Court's office at 785-832-5227, or download the Instructions for Obtaining a Marriage License (PDF format)
Marriage License Copies
To request copies of marriage licenses, you must contact the State of Kansas - Office of Vital Statistics at 785-296-1400.
When getting your license from the Clerk of the District Court's office, state your desire to have a judge perform the ceremony, and you will be given a card with the judge's name and contact information. There is a $50 fee for this service. Additional fees apply for ceremonies held off-site, on weekends, or on holidays.