Volunteering with the Citizen Review Board (CRB) for the District Court of Douglas County, Kansas.
Becoming a CRB Volunteer
How to Volunteer
You can apply your talents and interests to the Douglas County Citizen Review Board. You can volunteer to serve as a member of one of the Citizen Review Boards, or you can help with the sundry office tasks that need to be performed in support of the boards. Either way, you need to follow this procedure:
1. You can submit an application to be a CRB Board Volunteer (PDF format). You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these documents.
2. All prospective volunteers also need to complete the set of forms available at this link to Miscellaneous Forms for CRB Volunteers (PDF format). You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these documents.
3. Prospective volunteers for board membership also may want to read the Volunteer Job Description (PDF format) and the Applicant Screening Outline (PDF format), which explains the appointment procedure. No such description or outline applies to office volunteers, since their tasks are more varied and not statutorily defined. You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these documents.
4. After you have completed all the forms, mail them to:
- Citizen Review Board
- 111 E. 11th Street, Lawrence, KS 66044
After your information is received, CRB will conduct the necessary background checks then get in touch with you to come in for a tour and an interview. Thanks for your interest.