The Court Trustee is a local court office with an experienced staff. We are devoted to providing excellent customer service to the families we serve. Our staff can be reached directly by phone. Contact the Paralegal or the Attorney handling your case by calling 785-832-5315.
The Court Trustee's office is funded (pursuant to Kansas law) through the collection of child and spousal support enforcement fees. The enforcement fee is 5% of the determined support amount and the fee is generally shared equally by the parties, so each party pays only 2.5%. No additional legal fees are assessed.
This office can assist with:
- Enforcement of child and maintenance support orders
- Modification of child support orders
- Notice to the parties of modification due to emancipation
- Monitoring and review of child support orders for possibility of modification
- Location of residence and employment of parent owing support
- Establishment of child support orders where paternity has previously been established by court order or in cases where no order for support was entered in the final divorce decree