Generally, no. If you believe it will cause hardship to appear on the date on your ticket, you may file a written request for continuance with the court at least three days prior to the date you are scheduled to appear.
I have been charged with a misdemeanor traffic offense. Can I reschedule my court date?
- Are jurors allowed to take notes?
- As a juror do I need to bring anything with me?
- Can I defer my jury duty?
- Can I request to be excused from jury service due to financial hardship?
- Can I request to be excused from jury service for medical reasons?
- Can I speak to the judge about my case?
- Can I volunteer for jury service?
- Can my employer fire me for serving on a jury?
- Do I have to appear in court for my traffic citation?
- Do I have to get an attorney for this type of action?