Yes, but the court requires a letter from your physician stating you should be excused. For more information on what is needed and where to send it, please contact the Jury Coordinator at Jury@douglascountyks.org or 785-832-5213.
Can I request to be excused from jury service for medical reasons?
- Are jurors allowed to take notes?
- As a juror do I need to bring anything with me?
- Can I defer my jury duty?
- Can I request to be excused from jury service due to financial hardship?
- Can I request to be excused from jury service for medical reasons?
- Can I speak to the judge about my case?
- Can I volunteer for jury service?
- Can my employer fire me for serving on a jury?
- Do I have to appear in court for my traffic citation?
- Do I have to get an attorney for this type of action?