Court Records Request Form
Court Records Request Form for the District Court of Douglas County, Kansas.
Start Your Court Records Request
- Appointed attorneys will not incur fees associated with emailing scanned documents or copies.
- Fees apply to all district and city attorney offices unless statutory authority is provided.
- An access fee of $12.00 per hour, prorated by the quarter hour, will be charged for paper copies.
- Copies are 25 cents per page in addition to the access fee.
- Certified copies (stamped seal) are $1.00 per document plus copy and access fees.
- Authenticated copies (raised seal) are $2.00 per document plus copy and access fees. Authentications may take up to ten business days to complete.
- Faxed copies are $1.00 per page (local number) or $2.00 per page (long distance) in addition to the access fee.
- Shipping & Handling charge is $1.00 per 100 pages. Additional costs may apply to exceptional requests.
- The court may require prepayment of a $12.00 access fee for cases filed prior to 1990 or when case number is unknown. Please make checks payable to District Court.
- The court does not provide copies of marriage licenses, death certificates, or birth certificates. These may be obtained through the Department of Vital Statistics at 785-296-1400.
- All files must be returned within seven (7) days or immediately upon request of the court.
- Files shall not be disassembled for copying.
- All requests are subject to the availability of the records when the request is made. Bulk requests are denied under Kansas Supreme Court Administrative Order 189.
- Records requests submitted by fax or mail are subject to the above terms and conditions.
The Court Records Request Form User's Guide (PDF) contains a lot of helpful information about the records request process, including FAQ, information for attorneys and abstracters, and a list of resources.