The Operations Division consists of a number of areas including patrol, civil process/warrants, investigations, courtroom/building security, community relations, and administration.
Sheriff's Office personnel serve in the following specialized units: drug enforcement, training and development, information technology, underwater search and recovery, and traffic accident reconstruction.
Coming from I-70
- Take the East Lawrence exit. After passing through the tollbooth, turn left (South) at the traffic light intersection onto North 3rd Street. Continue Southbound through 2 traffic lights and continue over the Massachusetts Street Bridge.
- At the end of the bridge, continue South on Vermont Street to 11th Street, then turn left (East) onto 11th Street.
- At 11th and Massachusetts Street, continue East through the traffic light and the Douglas County Judicial & Law Enforcement Center will be located on your right (South). Parking is available in a large lot on the South side of the building. The public entrance is on the West side of the Judicial and Law Enforcement Center.
Coming from K-10
- Take K-10 West towards Lawrence.
- Take the 23rd Street exit and continue West for 4 miles.
- Turn right (North) on Massachusetts Street. Massachusetts Street will take you straight to the Douglas County courthouse. Right before the 11th Street stoplight, make a right into a drive which will lead you to the parking lot of the Judicial and Law Enforcement Center. On the left (North) will be the courthouse, and on the right (South) is the parking lot. The public entrance is on the West side of the Judicial & Law Enforcement Center.
Please Note: Please see identifying signs suspended from the ceiling on the first floor and lower level to help find your location. Also feel free to inquire of the security guards upon entering the building.