Students who are enrolled in physical education must participate in P.E. unless they are excused by the nurse or their physician. Those students who are unable to participate physically will be given a written assignment to complete for credit.
PE Expectations: (this is not all inclusive)
Be Responsible By:
- Following staff instructions at all times.
- Participating to the best of your ability.
- Asking permission to go back inside the building.
- Picking up any sports equipment or trash before coming into the building.
Be Respectful of others by:
- Demonstrating good sportsmanship.
- Remaining fully dressed at all times.
- Not spitting on the pavement, fence, or building.
Be Safe by:
- Not horse playing around.
- Not touching the basketball goal, rim or the fence
- Not bouncing the ball off the walls, windows or fence.
- Keeping equipment within the patio area.
- Handling the equipment appropriately.
- Not touching others in a rough or unnecessary manner.
- Not picking up, throwing or playing with gravel on the patio.
The facility will, from time to time, bring in speakers who will make presentations on a variety of subjects.
Pay attention by:
- Giving the speaker eye contact.
- Avoid fidgeting or making distracting noises.
- Use good posture, Sit-up.
Be respectful to the speaker and others by:
- Waiting until the speaker is finished talking to raise your hand.
- Not talking unless you have raised your hand and been recognized by the speaker.
- Asking appropriate questions.
You will be required to attend these events unless you are sick, have an appointment, have a court appearance, or are restricted due to behavior issues.
Breakfast and lunch are provided to you by the Lawrence School District.
Special Diets: If you have any dietary restrictions due to allergies, other medical conditions, or for religious reasons, please let staff know, so a special diet can be ordered.
- Students are to remain quiet until staff sits at the table or directs otherwise.
- Move through the line in an orderly fashion, do not touch the rail or talk in line. (Ladies first)
- Return to your assigned seat and wait for everyone at your table to be seated before you begin to eat.
- Place the napkin in your lap.
- Chew with your mouth closed.
- Do not talk with food in your mouth.
- Keep elbows off the table.
- Place your extra hand in your lap.
- Chairs are to remain flat on the floor.
- Use appropriate utensils, not your hands
- Ask to be excused if you need to leave for any reason.
- No talking between tables without permission.
- Make sure table conversation is appropriate.
- Don’t trade or share food.