Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Motor Vehicle Payment Options

Methods to pay your title, tax, and registrations renewal fees at all of our locations in Douglas County, Kansas.

Motor Vehicle Taxes

Motor vehicle payments can be made online through the iKan's website.

To renew online, all of the following must be true:

  1. The vehicle is currently registered in Kansas.
  2. You have a Kansas Motor Vehicle registration renewal notice that contains a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
  3. Your address on the renewal notice is current.
  4. The vehicle is currently insured by a participating insurance company.
  5. Cannot be delinquent on personal property taxes.
  6. License plate cannot be expired.
  7. You have a valid VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, or check ($1.00 echeck, 2.5% card fee).

If all of the above are not true, you will need to come to one of our locations or mail in your renewal with proof of insurance.


Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes

Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes may be paid online at or payment can be mailed to our office at the address above. Please include the record ID number on your check if paying by mail.

Payment can be mailed to our office.

It should be mailed to:

  • Douglas County Treasurer
  • P.O. Box 884
  • Lawrence, Kansas 66044-0884

Please do not send cash in the mail.

If renewing your tags, send in your check made out to Douglas County Treasurer, your current insurance card, and your registration application sent by the State of Kansas if you have it.

Payment can be made in person.

We accept cash, checks, money order, and credit/debit card in any of our offices. If choosing to pay by credit/debit card, a processing fee will apply.

Department Contacts

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
Tax Questions 785-832-5178
Motor Vehicle Questions 785-832-5273