Skip to contentSkip to navigation

What if I cannot locate seller to fix problem on title?

I just bought a vehicle and the seller did not give me the title and I can't find him or her. Or The title the seller gave me does not have a complete assignment (missing signatures, mileage, etc.) and I can't locate the seller to fix the problem. What do I do?

If the seller does not give the buyer a properly assigned title and cannot be located, the buyer must consult with an attorney and go to court to obtain a court order authorizing the Kansas Department of Revenue to title the vehicle in the name of the petitioner (quiet title action).