What is considered a Motorized Bicycle (Moped)?
A motorized bicycle is defined in KSA 8-126(aa) as, a device having two tandem wheels OR three wheels, which may be propelled by either human power, helper power, or by both, and which has ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A motor which produces not more than 3.5 brake horsepower; *and*
- a cylinder capacity of not more than 130 cc (cubic centimeters); *and*
- an automatic transmission; *and*
- the capability of a maximum design speed of no more than 30 miles per hour.
Any two or three wheeled vehicle which:
- Exceeds any of these specifications or performance factors, *and/or*
- Does not have an automatic transmission
cannot be registered as a motorized bike and MUST be registered as a motorcycle, or may not qualify for any type of title and registration.