Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Curbside Recycling

Although the County does not provide curbside recycling for our residents, the cities of Lawrence, Eudora, and Baldwin City do.

The City of Lawrence Solid Waste Division provides a single-stream recycling collection service for single-family and multi-family customers. Single-stream recycling means all permitted recyclable materials may be combined at your house and set out for collection in a single recycling container.  Learn more at the City of Lawrence's Recycling Page.



Beginning in 2013, the City of Baldwin City began offering curbside recycling to residents who sign up for the service by calling City Hall.  Recyclables can be co-mingled in the plastic bins and customers can put overflow in plastic garbage bags for pickup.  The service will take paper, cardboard, cans, and plastic. Items not accepted include glass, styrofoam, and scrap metal. Learn more at: the City of Baldwin City's Recycling Page.  

Honey Creek Disposal offers curbside recycling for Eudora residents.  Learn more at: The City of Eudora's Recylcing Page.

Looking for how to recycle other items (i.e. batteries, cell phones, tires, etc.)?  Check out the City of Lawrence's Recyclable Materials Directory.  The Directory provides a list of commonly-recycled materials and where they can be taken.  In addition, the Directory provides a list of private recycling companies and drop-off centers that are available to all County residents.