No, the employees of the District Attorney's Office cannot offer legal advice or act on behalf of individuals. Our office can provide general information and direct you to the appropriate agencies. You may wish to contact a private attorney for additional information. Or, for general information and lawyer referral services, contact the Kansas Bar Association online at https://www.ksbar.org, by calling 785-234-5696, or by calling toll-free 1-800-928-3111 for lawyer referral services.
Can the employees of the District Attorney's Office give legal advice?
- How can I obtain a Protection From Abuse Order?
- How do I get someone to a Mental Health Treatment Facility if he/she is unwilling to go?
- How do I register my telephone number on the Do Not Call List?
- I am getting ready to purchase a car. Do you have any tips?
- I just received a call from a charity. How can I find out if the charity is legitimate?