The program provides an alternative to incarceration for eligible defendants. Defendants are assessed to determine their risk of re-offending and the likelihood of returning to court. Judges decide who gets in the program and what level of supervision is required.
What is the pretrial release program?
- Are there any costs for the pretrial program?
- Do I have to post a cash bond to be released on the pretrial program?
- I am required by the Court to serve jail time. I have been approved for house arrest, but do not have the money to pay a private company. Is there anything pretrial services can do for me?
- I have a family member who is eligible for the pretrial release program, but still has a monetary bond requirement that we cannot afford. Why is that and how can we get our family member assessed by the program?
- I received a text/phone call regarding an upcoming court date and the call came from a number I do not recognize. How do I know this is legitimate?