About the Court Trustee of the District Court of Douglas County, Kansas.
About the Court Trustee
What does the Court Trustee Office do?
The Douglas County District Court Trustee Office is authorized by law to handle matters related to child support and spousal support orders issued in Douglas County, Kansas. The office also has a contract with the State of Kansas Attorney General to collect court debt and restitution.
What kind of matters can this office assist with?
The office can help with the following matters:
- Modification of child support orders
- Establishment of child support orders where paternity has previously been established by court order or in cases where no order for support was entered in the final divorce decree
- Enforcement of child support orders
- Enforcement of spousal support orders
- Routine monitoring of orders for possibility of modification
- Location of residence and employment of parent owing support
- Establishment of qualified medical child support orders
- Assign mediators with Douglas County Domestic Mediation Services